Saturday February 16, 2019
Downtown Baton Rouge
8:00 AM – 1 Mile Fun Run START
8:30 AM – 10K & 15K START
Town Square – 222 North Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70801
2019 Race Guide
What's In It For Me?
- Festive Finisher’s Medal
- Long Sleeve Participant Shirt
- Chip Timing
- Well-supported water stations
- USTAF Certified Course
- Overall & Age-Group Awards
- Post-Race Party with Delicious Food, Cold Beer and Killer Music
- FREE Race Photo Downloads – Searchable by Bib # and Name
- A Healthy kick-start to the Mardi Gras Madness
Race Day Schedule
- 7:00 AM – 7:45 AM: Registration and Packet Pickup
- 8:00 AM: 1 Mile Fun Run START
- 8:30 AM: 10K & 15K Race START
- 9:00: Post Race Party BEGINS
- 10:30 AM: Race Awards
- 11:00 AM: Finish Line CLOSES
- 11:30 AM: Post Race Party CLOSES
Course Time Limits
City permits limit the race time to a 3 hour time limit. The course will be closed at a 18:00 minute/mile pace. No race services including medical, aid stations or traffic control are available beyond this pace. The FINISH line will be closed at 11:00 AM.
Registration & Packet Pick-up
Mardi Gras Mambo will offer multiple times & locations to pick up your packet. This way if you plan to drive in on race morning you will already be ready to race!
Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE. Sorry, no exceptions. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. Acts of God or man that prevent the event from taking place will not result in a refund. You may not give or sell your number to anyone else. Should you be unable to participate due to injury or illness you can defer your entry to next year’s event for a deferral fee of $10. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for info.
Packet Pick-up Procedures
You must present a valid government-issued picture ID to pick up your packet. If the races are not filled to capacity, there will be a registration booth at packet pickup and on race day.
Every participant will receive an Official Participant Guide and a registration confirmation via email. Please CLICK HERE to get another confirmation email. Bring a print out of your confirmation email and your photo ID to pick up your packet. A digital copy (your phone screen) is allowed.
If you cannot pick up your packet before race day, there will be a Proxy Packet Pick-up (picking up a packet for someone else) available. The process for Proxy Packet Pick-up is as follows. The proxy must present a photocopy or a digital copy (your phone screen) of the participant’s ID along with a copy of the participant’s confirmation. There are no exceptions to this rule. You must be 18 years or older to proxy pick up for another runner. There is no Proxy Packet Pick-up on race day.
- Bikes / hand-crank cycles (chairs)
- Baby strollers / jogging strollers
- Rollerblades / rollerskates
- Anything being dragged behind including tires
- Wed ,Feb. 13th : 3:30 pm – 6:30 pm, Academy Sports + Outdoors, Juban’s Crossing
- Thurs.,Feb. 14th : 10:00 am – 6:00 pm, Academy Sports + Outdoors, Cortana
- Fri.,Feb. 15th : 10:00 am – 6:00 pm, Academy Sports + Outdoors, Siegen
- Race Morning: 7:00 am- 7:45 am, Town Square, Downtown Baton Rouge
Parking is available on the streets and in public parking garages. Normal parking rules and fees will apply and be aware of NO PARKING SIGNS for Race Day that will be posted. Parking on N 4th St., North Blvd. and Park Blvd. on race day(s) will result in your vehicle being towed. Information on downtown garages are here.